Skills : • Able to lift and move up to 50 pounds
• Ability to demonstrate use of mail equipment per training for example : -- Finishing equipment -- Inserters -- Postage meters -- Envelope printers -- Scales -- Pitney Bowes Mail Management systems -- FedEx shipping systems
• Able to demonstrate ability to read, write and follow English instructions
• Able to demonstrate PC / Internet Skills Basic
-- Open applications
-- Create and find file folders
-- Find, open, rename files using Windows Explorer (or equivalent)
-- Delete and recover files
-- Open and send e-mails (create mail, add, save attachments)
-- Manage email (create folders, change user options)
-- Basic internet navigation (search; navigate to websites; navigate within website)
-- Introductory knowledge of MS Word or equivalent (open saved files, create basic text documents, print and save documents)
-- Introductory knowledge of MS Excel or equivalent (open saved workbooks, data entry, basic data and column/row formatting, print and save workbooks)
• Able to demonstrate customer service and communication skills
• Able to demonstrate ability to manage multiple tasks
• Able to demonstrate ability to perform duties with minimal supervision
• Able to demonstrate ability to perform Data entry
Description : Job Title: Mail/Finishing Level 2
Duration: 08 months + possible extension
Note: Driving in personal vehicle for office works is required. (Mileage reimbursed)
• Operation of high level mail equipment: mail inserters, sorters and finishing equipment in an automated high speed/high volume environment
• Includes packaging/posting
• Perform charge-back reporting for postage, air express, local delivery, and faxes
• Perform production mail labeling/mail merge
• Provide mailing address cleanup services (may include use of mail cleansing software)
• Coordinate automated and manual processes for finishing and mailing client materials
• Implement and maintain distribution and tracking systems
• Use of customized software to update/maintain mailing addresses Bar code address quality review
• Manage electronic input, packaging activities and posting fulfillment in high speed/high volume operations
• Recommend improvements to achieve cost savings and optimize work flow
• Focal contact for special/unique mailings and shipments
• Use of specialized equipment for material handling if required
• Receive, sort and process mail documents, packages, and supplies
• Notify recipients Deliver and pick-up mail on scheduled runs
• Record & process accountable mail information, maintain logs
• Perform quality checks on outbound mail
• Validate internal mail addresses
• Bar code address lookup
• Use common mail services including fax, air express, postal services
• Fill out shipping forms and/or enter electronically in shipping terminal per the job ticket
• Perform finishing work on documents to be mailed, such as folding and insertion
• Perform electronic mail distribution (open, mail prep, scan and distribute)
• Perform fulfillment functions, such as assembly, packaging, shipping and tracking of kitted materials
• Follow mailroom security procedures
• Barcode tracking or face scanning incoming mail and packages
• Perform logging, transmission, receipt and timely distribution of faxes
• Shipping and receiving using automated system to track and manage activity
• Monitor/order/replenish supplies inventory, mail and distribution activities
• Send and receive e-mail messages
• Arrange alternative courier or shipping services to meet customer requirements
• Fully operate, clean and maintain all shipping and mail equipment
• Contact service on mail and shipping equipment if need occurs
Mail Clerk Cover Letter
A cover letter can be written for various purposes. Like in the form of a letter of recommendation, reference letter, a letter combined with your resume or simply a thank you letter to your company manager in return of your job acceptance. However, a common format is followed by almost every kind of cover letters. Similarly, even a Mail clerk cover letter follows the same format with only difference in its content.
A Mail Clerk deals with various responsibilities and duties. A Mail Clerk mainly does and even supervises various activities related to the mails like sorting mails, distributing mails as per the departments, dispatching them after proper weighing and packaging. They are expected to be multitasking as they deal with number of tasks at the same time. However, the clerical skill is the foremost skill required for justifying your role of a Mail Clerk.
While designing your Mail Clerk cover letter, make sure that you must highlight some of your personal skills that can help the reader or say interviewer to understand your worth for his company. Therefore, your personal skills like excellent communication and interpersonal skills can definitely attract the attention of recruiter as these are the key skills for the mail clerical job.
Overall, your cover letter should summarize the entire details in three major paragraphs. Above all, you must provide complete address right on the top, so that interviewer can easily make further contact with you. The first paragraph should be used to mention all information regarding job advertisement and your interest for that particular job position.
Further, you can efficiently use the second paragraph for explaining your unique qualities and relevant proficiency, which is suitable for the profession. Most importantly, do not make abrupt ending of your cover letter. Make sure that you must leave a positive statement reflecting your interest in being part of the organization.
The whole Mail Clerk cover letter should follow definite business format. Here, we are providing one of the samples of Mail Clerk cover letter:
Darin J. Schaff
1599 Spinnaker Lane
Chicago, IL 60606
Contact No: 815-662-8061
Email id- DarinJSchaff@anymail.com
Date: January 09, 2012
Harold A. Burbank
1763 Hott Street
Oklahoma City, OK 73060
Dear Mr. Burbank,
With reference to your advertisement for the vacant position of Mail Clerk, posted in dated Jan 05, 2012, I am enclosing my resume along with this letter. Currently, I am working as a Mail Clerk in one of the reputed universities of Chicago but after one month me and my family is shifting to Oklahoma permanently. Therefore, I am really keen to join your organization so that I can continue with my profession.
During my current profession, as a Mail Clerk I am responsible to do almost every activity related to the mailing process. It includes preparing mails, sorting mails, and weighing of mails, distribution of mails to particular destination, maintaining entire posting details in computer database, handling public queries, supervising other staffs involved in mailing process and many more.
On the other side, my physical strength and proficiency in handling several mailing machines such as mail sealing machine, scanning and labeling machine are some of the supporting proficiencies to justify my role of a Mail Clerk. At the same time, excellent communication skills really contributes in maintaining healthy relations with dealers and customers efficiently.
I am really thankful that you considered my application and devoted your valuable time into it. If you find any difficulty regarding my qualification and job experiences, please feel free to contact me on details provided above.
Darin J. Schaff
As Mail Clerk plays a very crucial role in many places like schools and universities. There are some specific qualities required to acquire a justifiable role in this field. You must have got an idea about all essential features of Mail Clerk cover letter as mentioned in above sample. In the end, ensure that your cover letter should be free from grammatical and spelling errors.