15 Great Argumentative Essay Topics About Education
There is nothing as amazing as being asked to write an argumentative essay. These are essays that pretty much require you to take the platform and put forward your ideas, your thoughts, your impressions about things and give comments on what you think should be done. It is all about speaking your mind, and your paper becomes the ultimate platform for you to achieve this.
With this kind of an essay, you are supposed to essentially pick up a position, do some good research on the same and come up with a conclusive paper that supports your argument. No one is going to castigate you for the choices that you have made, but the most important thing that you have to realize is that in this paper, you are speaking your mind freely, though backed with evidence and really good research. The following are some great topics that you can write about on education:
- Parenting classes should be introduced and made mandatory for first time parents
- What is the appropriate age for children to start attending school?
- Is the Electoral College really a necessity?
- High stakes tests should not be mandatory for students
- Are elite schools increasing the divide between the rich and the poor?
- Students must not be forced to learn foreign languages
- Schools should set restrictions on the food that students carry in for lunch
- Discuss the benefits and disadvantages of home schooling, comparing it with normal schooling
- Technology in classrooms; discuss the extent to which technology should be used in classes
- Is it okay to pay college athletes? Put an emphasis on some of the advantages and disadvantages of doing this
- Is it necessary to offer remedial classes in college? How effective are they?
- Should there be standards set to regulate the current educational curriculum, based on the needs and requirements of the schools?
- Legal run-ins should be displayed on the academic results of a student: Discuss
- Discuss the possible consequences of plagiarism and the punishments that can be administered to students who are found to have infringed on some of these rules
- Should all school children be made to undergo high school life skills classes? What are the benefits that students can get from these classes?
As you can probably see, most of these are simple things that you experience on a daily basis.
Essay Topics Based On Education: 20 Interesting Problems
There are many problems that our public education system is facing and their needs to be more reform to correct this issue, so that means there is no shortage of topics you can cover for your essay, and this list will get you started thinking about your topic.
20 Interesting Problems
- Classroom size is a big problem because as the student to teacher ratio grows, the less one on one time students can get the help them need.
- Poverty is also another problem, in 2011, we had the highest amount of students on free and reduced lunch programs than just a few year before.
- Family can play a key role in how well students perform at school. Any issues at home can affect their learning.
- Students are now more technologically advanced than their teachers, which put them at a disadvantage.
- Bullying has evolved from years before because we can now bully each other without being face to face with them thanks to the Internet.
- Student’s attitude and behavior can really affect the way that they learn in school.
- No Child Left Behind has only taught kids how to take the test. And even after they take the test, nothing is be doing to help these students to improve, it is just used for funding purposes.
- Speaking of funding, funding is another problem because so school don’t have enough to teach their kids because of poor test score and they can improve them without funding; it’s a vicious circle.
- Parent involvement is very important if students want to do well because they are there to help them learn.
- A student’s health can also affect their education, obesity being a big one.
- Curriculum, are students learning the right material to help them in life.
- Pushing life choices on students before the graduate high school. It can take years to decide what you want to do with your life, so pushing a career on them right out of high school is pointless.
- Taking away art programs
- Kids are falling through the cracks because of teachers and administration that have given up on them.
- Teaching for test not to actually learn the material and retain it.
- How they characterize gifted kids?
- Teaching models and lesson plans.
- Students not being prepared for college because of lack of knowledge learned in high school.
- Politics in education.
- Private vs. public education.
These essay topics will get you thinking correctly on an education topic that resonates with you so your paper will be meaningful and effective.