- Reflection Worksheet: Who Am I? printable for each student
- Who Am I? Example Essay printable for each student
- Expository Essay Rubric printable for each student
- Lesson Exit Survey printable for each student
- Rubric for Writing Informational Essays printable for each student
- Optional: projector
1. Write following student task on the board or have it projected for students to view.
Write a well-organized autobiographical essay that tells all about you. Title the piece ‘Who Am I?’ or create your own title. Include details on your:
- Likes and Dislikes
- Goals and Aspirations
- Life-changing Experiences
2. Either make one copy of the Who Am I? Example Essay printable for each student or create your own essay. The latter is recommended to serve as a means of better connecting with your students. If you decide to create your own autobiographical essay, you may want to complete a copy of the Reflection Worksheet: Who Am I? printable and display it using a projector. Otherwise, display the blank the Reflection Worksheet: Who Am I? printable for the class to view together.
3. Print copies of the Reflection Worksheet: Who Am I? printable, Who Am I? Example Essay printable, Expository Essay Rubric printable, Lesson Exit Survey printable, and Rubric for Writing Informational Essays printable for each student.
Step 1: Have students answer the following: What is one word or phrase that you would use to describe yourself? What person or experience do you think made you that way?
Step 2: Inform students that you will be reading a brief piece that will allow them to learn a bit more about you. Read aloud your model autobiographical essay.
Step 3: Reveal and explain the task to students (listed in the "Set Up and Prepare" section above). Distribute the Writing to Inform rubric printables, the Reflection Worksheet: Who Am I? and Who Am I? Example Essay printables to the students.
Step 4: Review the rubric with the class and make sure that all students understand the requirements of the task. Display a copy of the Reflection Worksheet: Who Am I? printable on a projector. Then explain how to complete each section of the organizer.
Step 5: Have students complete the first two sections of the Reflection Worksheet: Who Am I? printable.
Step 6: Students will fill in the remainder of the Reflection Worksheet: Who Am I? printable independently.
Step 7: After completing the Reflection Worksheet: Who Am I? printable, students should use the information to write an essay draft using the Who Am I? Example Essay printable as a model.
- Set students up in partnerships and have them conduct peer revising and editing.
- Plan a publishing party to celebrate student writing. If possible, invite parents and staff. Post student writing throughout the room and allow time for guests to peruse. Allow a few students to orally present their pieces.
Students will ask parents, older siblings, and other members of their household the following question: "How do you feel that living with you influences me?" Instruct students to use the responses of their family members to add details to their "Who Am I" essays.
- Students use completed graphic organizers to write the first draft of their "Who Am I" essays.
- Students use thesauruses to revise their first drafts to make essays more engaging.
Use the Rubric for Writing Informational Essays printable to assess student writing.
- Create autobiographical essays
- Use appropriate adjectives to describe themselves
- Use a graphic organizer to plan their written pieces
Students complete the Lesson Exit Survey printable at the conclusion of the lesson.
Writing an autobiography is a big deal. Be it a short story, novel or an autobiography, you must never commence the writing routine if you don’t have an outline in hand. The purpose of writing an autobiography outline before the actual book is that it acts as a reminder of your life’s times and events. It is a great go-to material whenever you’re in doubt if you may have overlooked or missed a key detail about your life. Templates will help make an outline sooner! You can also see biography outline template
Autobiographical Essay Outline Format
A lot has happened since you were born. You only want to write what you feel is more important. Using this outline can help you write you autobiography with ease. Download and use it for free. professays.com
Life Tree Autobiography Outline Template Free Download
If you’re very taken by the idea of writing an autobiography, be advised that you’d like to do it in an orderly manner. An autobiography outline will help you recap the timeline of your life in a much better way. Download and use this template to pen an outline! lifetreeadoption.com
Autobiography Outline Template Sample Download
What will you be remembered for? You could write a great story about yourself and publish for people to read. You need an outline to make the best story, and this template can be of great help. neric.org
High School Autobiography Outline Template Word Doc
If you are working on an autobiography without an outline, I doubt it will come out clear. An outline helps you to include only relevant information, so that you have the best story to tell the world. cvhs.johnston.k12.nc.us
How to Write an Autobiography in PDF Format
Prior to taking up any writing task head-on, it is advisable that an outline be prepared. The same rule applies for writing an autobiography. The whole idea and purpose of writing about your life in detail is to make it an interesting read. As a first step, making an autobiography outline would be a great start!
Autobiography Chapter Outline Template PDF Example
Bare Bones Autobiography Outline Template Download
Sample Autobiography Outline Template
An autobiography outline template format starts with chapters right from your toddler days, followed by points on your schooling, higher education, any life changing plot in between, your marital life, children, achievements, your present life and acknowledgements.
You may also like
Biography Template - 20+ Free Word, PDF Documents Download ...
Book Outline Template – 6+ Free Sample, Example, Format ...
Presentation Outline Template – 8+ Free Sample, Example, Format ...
Blank Outline Template – 7+ Free Sample, Example, Format ...
Novel Outline Template – 6+ Free Sample, Example, Format ...
Outline Template – 271+ Free Sample, Example, Format Download ...
Meeting Outline Template – 10+ Free Sample, Example, Format ...
Marketing Plan Outline Template – 8+ Free Sample, Example ...
Persuasive Speech Outline Template – 9+ Free Sample, Example ...
Screenplay Outline Template – 7+ Free Sample, Example, Format ...
Literature Review Outline Template – 8+ Free Sample, Example ...
Sermon Outline Template – 10+ Free Sample, Example, Format ...